George Zimmerman Granted Bail After Apology

The neighbourhood watch volunteer who shot dead a black teenager in Florida has been granted bail in court hearing that also saw him apologise to Trayvon Martin's parents.

George Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder over the killing in February, told Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton: "I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son.

"I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not."

The judge set bail at $150,000 and Mr Zimmerman will not be released immediately.

When he is freed he will wear a GPS monitoring device and will not be allowed to contact the Martin family or witnesses, or have a gun, Seminole Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said.

Mr Zimmerman claims he killed the unarmed 17-year-old in defence after being attacked during a confrontation in a gated community in Sanford, Florida. Read More

0 comments:

Post a Comment